Join us as an Apprentice
We have an exciting opportunity for a 16-20 year old to join us as an apprentice. You would be learning while you work as a Community Care Worker and would complete a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship which includes a Diploma in Health & Social Care. We offer the opportunity to work as part of a professional, friendly team supporting people in their own homes in the local community.
What does a care worker do ?
Working in care, no two days are the same and your role will be exciting and varied. Typical duties will include assisting people with:
- Getting up / going to bed
- Getting dressed and washed
- Toileting and continence management
- Food preparation
- Cleaning / washing / changing beds
- Shopping / writing a list for the shopper
- Use of mobility equipment
- Getting ready to go out / going out
What qualifications / experience / qualities do I need ?
You need not have any experience in care but you must be caring, conscientious, hard working, committed and enjoy helping people.
A grade 4 or above GCSE in English and Maths is preferable.
Whilst not essential whilst working as an apprentice, to continue a career in community care in the future you would need to learn to drive and have your own car.
We will need to apply and receive a satisfactory DBS check and two references.
What can we offer you ?
- £6 per hour rising to £8 per hour on completion of the Care Certificate and then £10 plus per hour on completion of Apprenticeship
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year
- Company assisted pension scheme
- Free uniforms & PPE
- Free Care Certificate training
- Excellent ongoing training and support
- Level 2 Apprenticeship including a Diploma training in Health and Social Care
- A friendly and welcoming working environment
- Incentive schemes including refer a friend scheme
What would my hours be ?
Your shifts would be varied so as to give you full experience and training.
You would be working 4-5 shifts per week including every other weekend. You will be given a rota each week.
You will work a total of 35-40 hours per week. This will be a combination of care work plus on the job and off the job training.